2008 Maximum Challenge Call for Judges
It's that time of year again, the Maximum Challenge is about to begin. In order to make this contest a success, we need judges. That's where you come in.
This year we are looking for judges willing to judge any category and some willing to judge multiple categories - so the site buttmonkey and her lackey of doom don't have to. :d That doesn't mean that you will be stuck judging something you hate, we will consider that when assigning judges to categories. But we haven't even decided on what categories to include, so it is kinda hard to ask what you will and will not be willing to judge just yet.
If you are interested, you can either reply to this thread in the MediaMiner Forums or PM Lady Macbeth or LadyLark with the answers to the following form:
2. Forum ID - you have to be a member of the MediaMiner forums to be a judge
3. Penname - if you have one
4. Why you want to be a judge.
5. What you feel makes a good fanfic.
6. What fandoms/genres you read/are willing to read
7. Who are your favorite authors - list up to five
8. What are your favorite fanfics/stories - list 3 to 5
10. Any dates you are going to be unavailable (We haven't quite figured out the timetable yet and if you are going to be unavailable for judging we need to know ahead of time)
11. Two sample Reviews along with links to the fanfics in question - they do not need to be on MM.O
Judges will be selected based on the following criteria:
1. Ability to fill out the form fully & completely
2. Compatibility with Dates
4. Demonstrated ability to review fiction critically
We are looking for lots of judges. Judges from previous Maximum Challenge Contests should also fill out this form if you are interested in judging again.
If you have any questions, please feel free to ask them in this thread. We look forward to hearing from you! And remember, you don't need to be an author to make a good judge, you just have to be able to be impartial and discerning.
Now start filling out that form!
- Current Mood: calm
- Current Music:Frou Frou - Must Be Dreaming